[OntVFR] Speedo Drives and such

Taylor, Brad brad.taylor at tc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 15 06:18:43 EDT 2015

I've had the pleasure of owning a number of 3rd, 5th and 6th gen VFRs and I can tell you that they all has this plastic drive. The only difference was that the newer bikes (5th and 6th gen) don't have a speedo cable as they use a tiny electronic tach generator which mounts right on the counter shaft sprocket cover. This seems to have reduced the wear and subsequent failure issues experienced on the earlier models. Now I'm only saying that because I never experienced a failure on a 5th or 6th gen bike.

Brad Taylor