[OntVFR] Shopping for a VFR again. Need input on VFR's re: ABS, LBS. And 999

mike mckinnon 2bikemike at gmail.com
Tue May 3 14:40:47 EDT 2016

Through the years I have remained partial to the 98 - 2001 models. My 99 I
got with 23000 kilometers on it and it was a mess of dirt and grease and
grime at the time, sprockets. Chain, seals, breaks etc..... It cost me $800
in parts to make it like new and 16 hours of disassembly/ cleaning labor.
These days I'm at 73000 and that is barely broken in for this motor. My
bike is pristine with no dirt no corrosion no rust. If you were able to
find someone else who maintains a bike like I do, it would be a good bye. I
was out on it last Sunday and it still amazes me the smoothness the
quickness and the power on tap in just about any gear. Some years ago there
was a lot of chatter about needing a bigger engine, but unless you are
riding 2 up of heavy people and added luggage and may be towing a trailer,
I just don't see the need for a bigger engine. My buddy has a FJR 1300
which is also an awesome bike but when we are riding together I have no
problem staying on his tail no matter where we ride or how fast we are
going. If we were to go to a straightaway race track and he cranked his all
the way up he would definitely lose me but for normal street riding it's a
non-issue

cheers
2bikemike