[OntVFR] slip-on pipe

Robyn B Landers rblanders at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 28 16:46:54 EDT 2017

This past weekend I had bestowed up on me, by the beneficence of an
OntVFR member who sold his '93, an item I thought I'd never have:
a slip-on pipe.  It's a Yoshimura.  I slipped it on, which was pretty easy.
Wow, is it loud, at least at idle and when accelerating through lower gears.
Cruising at highway speed and thus at steady throttle, it's pretty
tolerable, not as loud as the wind noise.
It seems fun when accelerating at higher RPM, maybe because the engine
is breathing better, or maybe because it's getting out of a mid-range
lean condition that the generous donor warned me might be exhibited.

I'm heading out to a fall rally in a couple of weeks. Not sure if I'm
brave enough to leave the Yoshimura on there. What if I can't stand
the racket?  :-)

This reminds me... next message.