[OntVFR] OntVFR Digest, Vol 42, Issue 12 FJR discussions

mike mckinnon 2bikemike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:59:14 EDT 2017

Brad what do you mean by character?

I've ridden my buds 2007 and now his 2016 replacement.   Both bikes feel
like you're sitting on a reactor.  He put over 200k kliks on the 07 and not
a glitch.  The throttle was power on demand.  That thig was a rocket.  But,
egos like higher bars, adjustable, are what I consider better cuz I'm older
in the back, even though my brain still likes to be 20.   My bud is also 65
and he puts kliks on his bike traveling all over US and quebec and ontario
to fjr &ST rallies cuz he had an ST before.  He is adiment the fjr is
better all round.   Fjr has great luggage space with top case like my wing
has.
Oh ya it has a center stand standard the vfr 100 does not.

So based on my experience and exposure to fjr my feelings about them are
different.   If I was ever to change my vfr it would definitely be fjr.
These days I putter on my c50t mostly but when it cools off I speed up to
vfr for about 4-5hrs only.  I'm to cramped on vfr now to go longer.  The
fjr is less cramped for me.  That would be another bonus I'd get on one.
But retired with 3 bikes it's ok to keep the vfr as is with helli's as is.
  When I need fast & powerful  the wing fills that bill.

Besides busy, how else is Moncton for ya?