[OntVFR] Earplugs vs GPS

Andrew Carlyle carlyle.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 07:27:43 EDT 2017

What I do is use Etymotic headphones. They are expensive but they work very
well.  The ones I use are in this link:

https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones/hf5.html

They block sound like a good set of earplugs and have great sound. They
offer different options for tips including ones that look sponge earplugs.
You need to experiment with the various tips to see which one works for
you. In your case Derrick I know you have a Sena 20s (like me) so you can
plug headphones into it instead of using the built in speakers. If all you
are listening to is the GPS instructions then the headphones are overkill.
But if you listen to music the improvement in quality is dramatic.  For me
the Sena and the headphones together are awesome. Great sound when you want
it but ambient noise is significantly reduced.