[OntVFR] Earplugs vs GPS

Andrew Carlyle carlyle.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 09:02:42 EDT 2017

I don't think that earphones are in fact illegal in Ontario but they may be
in other provinces or States.  I believe they are illegal in Quebec. For
instance this government website suggests you can use headphones in Ontario:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/distracted-driving-faq.shtml#distracted-driving-law

It states you can use a bluetooth headset or earpiece with a cell phone so
probably okay to use on a motorcycle.  From a practical point of view no
one is going to be able to see what you have under your helmet unless you
get stopped for speeding or some  such thing.   I am far more concerned
about getting a speeding ticket than being nailed for wearing headphones.