[OntVFR] Earplugs vs GPS

Jim Struke jims.mc.n.auto at live.ca
Wed Aug 16 18:49:03 EDT 2017

Sorry to chime in late .  On vacation on the bikes in the Ottawa valley and checking email infrequently . Just dealt with a similar scenario moderate + hearing loss scala g4 zumo 350 and music on phone. I contacted a local hearing aid supplier and discussed the issues with audiologist and her suggestion was musicians earplugs . They have a filter that blocks ambient frequencies but allows voice frequencies .  They are not cheap  $250 but they are customer moulded and the business in Waterloo that I used has excellent customer service . The brand name is Benefon so I think that any hearing aid supplier that deals with them should be able to get them for you.
Jim

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.