[OntVFR] beginner dirt bike lesson

Wilflee@gmail wilflee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:14:55 EDT 2018

Years ago, Honda used to have a ride centre north east of Toronto where you can rent 50cc to 80cc dirt bikes to ride on a dirt course. The course is fairly tight so you won’t get beyond 2nd gear but it is a lot of fun. I can’t find info on it any more but may be this is something similar —> https://motorcycle.honda.ca/ridingevents/juniorredriders

I’ve also been to Trail Tours a few times. It is good as long as the course is dry. If it has rained a few days before then it can get challenging for beginners as you have to stand up a lot, shift weight and go through mud and huge puddles. Slippery mud is not fun for beginners if they fall. So try to book a date after a dry spell. Also, dirt riding is very different from pavement riding. You are using different brake and sliding a lot more. Not sure if that much sliding around is suitable for street riding. But it is a good way to learn basic balancing and shifting skills.