[OntVFR] Knight Designs footpegs, so far

Robyn Landers rblander at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 24 12:10:31 EDT 2018

With some help from Chris Park who just happened to be
in the USA at the right time, I received the Knight Design
footpegs I ordered.  They are down to the last few sets
that would fit a 90-97 VFR, black only, no silver left.

Without too much difficulty I got them installed.  The brake
pedal is lowered as much as it will go without shortening
the adjustment rod to enable more range.  It's enough.
The brake light switch adjusted enough as well.

On the left side, I could move the shift lever down only
one spline on the shaft. Any more and it would hit the
fairing on the kickstand (yes, the 90-93 series actually
has a fairing on the kickstand) when downshifting into
first gear.  But it's enough.

So far I've ridden only briefly around home.  Need a
much longer ride to see how that extra inch or so of
legroom translates to happier knees.  I've never dragged
a peg (original owner removed the feelers) so it'll be
interesting to see whether that happens now.  There are
no feelers on the Knight pegs, just a bevelled outer edge.