[OntVFR] 2x in 2 weeks....

Matthew Smith matthew.smith1911 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 18:27:12 EDT 2019

Hi there! Selling my 2002 VFR 800 as I have switched to an enduro bike -
shes a red beauty in excellent condition with 30K kms. Full rebuild of
electrical system including a new battery and regulator rectifier in 2017.

Email for pics! This forum seems to limit me from sending any pictures.

Im asking 3500- but make me an offer (:

Matthew Smith
Critical Care Flight Paramedic
Ornge Transport Medicine
Direct 613 371 4611

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 4:07 AM Brad Taylor <bradtaylors117 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My experience is the same as Steve, the 2015 Multistrada I've been riding
> this week is way off, perhaps as much as 10 kmph when cruising at 120. My
> daily driver (2011 Accord is spot on when verified using the speedometer
> verification app om my phone (GPS essentially). However it was off quite a
> bit with the winter tires installed so obviously tire circumference has a
> huge impact.
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 11:03 PM Steve Eymann <steveeymann at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have never seen a motorcycle speedo read accurately but my car/trucks
>> seem to be very accurate.
>> I always thought it was so riders could brag at how fast their bike is.
>> Mine will go 300km/hr blah blah blah
>>
>> Regards Steve
>>
>> On May 31, 2019, at 10:18 PM, KEVIN LEPAPE <klepape at shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>> My understanding from years, well really decades ago, was that the reason
>> for speedo's reading higher than actual was due to liars. OOps, I meant
>> lawyers. They advised manufacturers that a speedo reading SLOWER than
>> actual was a bazillion dollar liability waiting to happen. So all speedos
>> were adjusted to read high enough such that there would never be any claim
>> of driving too fast because my speedo is slow. This makes sense because
>> it's a self-imposed action: there is no law/regulation on any government's
>> books anywhere that I know off enforcing speedo optimism.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Kevin

>> *Sent: *Friday, May 31, 2019 4:41:56 PM
>> *Subject: *Re: [OntVFR] 2x in 2 weeks....
>>
>> My Ducati manual says that the speedo reads 7% high for “safety” reasons.
>> My understanding is that most manufacturers do this including most car
>> manufacturers. Not sure how this is a safety issue but using a GPS to
>> measure speed I can state with some assurance that  something like 5% is
>> pretty common. This would include cars manufactured by Nissan, Honda, Mazda
>> and Toyota as well as bikes from. Honda, BMW, Ducati and Suzuki. Another
>> example of the bubble wrap society.
>>
>> On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 8:20 PM Dave Weese <northernvfrdave at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yup, my speedo is out a long ways the faster you go.
>>>
>>> 140km/h speedo =132km/h GPS
>>> 129km/h =120km/h GPS