[OntVFR] Looking for Route suggestions

David Davidson did at rogers.com
Sat May 11 16:55:47 EDT 2019

Looking for some recommendations on roads/routes and lodging from you seasoned viffers.  A couple of riding buddies and me are heading out for 4 days starting June 14.  General routes are:

Day 1
Toronto to Tobermory and catch the ferry to Manitoulin Island.  Probably slabbing it up to Wasaga and then riding along the coast of Georgian Bay to Tobermory. Likely staying at the Inn on Gore Bay.  Not much time for anything else on Day 1.

Day 2
Gore Bay to Sudbury.  Sudbury to Huntvsille.   From Sudbury take 69 down to 522 over to 11 and down to Huntsville, or would it be better to go down and across 518?  Any other suggestions?

What is Hwy 17 like going east from Sudbury?  Is it worth taking to head across to the Ottawa Valley or the Laurentions? It’s over 500 kms.

Day 3
If we do head down to Huntsville, from there the plan is to go across 60 thru Algonquin to Madawaska and down 523 thru Maynooth, Elephant Lake Rd and 118 over to Haliburton.

Day 4
Back to Toronto

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,