[OntVFR] New topic-5th generation charging issues

mike mckinnon 2bikemike at gmail.com
Sun May 12 13:10:22 EDT 2019

I have a 99 and this happened to me twice. Both times it was the rectifier
only. The high-voltage fried a battery and burnt out headlights. On the
second rectifier replacement I installed the now infamous computer fan
connected to the face of the regulator to blow air on it when there's not
enough air getting into the rear cowl and so far has done its job well over
the past 8 years since the second replacement.