[OntVFR] Looking for Route suggestions

Sandy Cameron sandy.alexcameron at gmail.com
Tue May 14 19:19:49 EDT 2019

Your mileage may very - but some roads I like:

Day 1
410, 10, 89, CR124, straight at Singhampton, right on 91, left on
Concession 10 (stop for the great photo down the hill to G. Bay), left on
CR32, right on CR19, left on / stay on CR19 when it turns left, left on Hw
26, fiddle around a tOwensound to get on Hw 6.

Day 2 -If you take 17 - go see the metor crater -
http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/recreational_activites/brent-crater-trail-and-tower.php
and stop an see the placque for the Chalk River reactor
If you decide to take Hw 60 through the park - then south of Sudbury on the
400 extension - and take 522 to 11 - OR take 518 to 11 - then south on 11
to 60

Day 4 - 507 (Buckhorn Rd) for sure. I like 36 to Bobcaygeon, 8 to Fenelon
Falls, short dip north on 35, then back on 8 through Glenarm, stay on 8 all
the way to Durham 23(Lakeridge Rd), left on Durham 13, left on Durham 1,
stop for a look at Foster Memorial, left on Durham 11,hop on the 404 and
head for home

If you decide to go over to Calabogie and then Ottawa:
- on Hw 41 - just on the south side of the Madawaska River - turn east (SE)
on CR 71 (Matawatchan RD), left on Centennial Lake Rd (CR 65),  stay on CR
65 including a left at a stop sign to 508 (Calabogie Rd), right on 511,
left on CR 9 (Tatlock Rd), left on 16 which turns into 49 after Mississippi
Mills, 417 into Ottawa

Do you have
https://www.northernontario.travel/motorcycle-touring/the-top-30-motorcycle-roads-in-ontario