[OntVFR] FW: Ducati Confessions

Andrew Carlyle carlyle.andrew at gmail.com
Fri May 17 19:28:48 EDT 2019

Personal preference, body type, mindset or whatever plays a big part in all
this. I am reminded of the discussions about seats. One person will love
the stock seat, the next hate it and want to go aftermarket etc. Three
people will have wildly different opinions of a particular bike. Its a good
thing though because if we all liked exactly the same thing then the world
would be a pretty boring place.  I think Derrick's right that having a
selection of bikes would be the answer. But since that isn't practical for
most of us then bikes like the VFR tend to stand out as they can do a
number of things and do them well. On my VFR I did everything from long
distance touring to track days and it did a pretty good job of all that. I
loved all of my VFR's (over the years I had three different generations of
VFR) but eventually wanted to move on to something else. What is important
is that what you ride puts a smile on your face. All else is secondary.