[OntVFR] FW: Ducati Confessions

Jim Brown toastandjam35 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 21:24:50 EDT 2019

Hmm. I haven't had my vfr for a number of years. I sold it and bought a BMW
r1200gsa. I never miss the vfr. I loved it but the BMW does everything that
I currently use a bike for better than the vfr ever did. Could I carve a
mountain road better on the vfr sure but they are in short supply here. But
even if I lived in California again I wouldn't trade in the BMW for a vfr.

I have a Ducati 999R. It has 150hp built in 2005 before there were any
electronics to help you. If you yank the throttle on it. It will change
your perception of speed and time. I think the electronics on modern bikes
make 160hp seem tame. I can assure you it isn't if you turn them off.

The VFR is an excellent motorcycle and I'm glad I owned an icon for a
while. It does everything well but nothing great and maybe that's it's
biggest problem.

My BMW is a 2006. I think about upgrading sometimes but it does everything
I want. They aren't currently building anything that tempts me away. I
thought the Africa twin might but it just missed the mark. When someone
builds an adventure bike that does all my Gsa does while losing significant
weight and comes in a sub 1000cc package for a reasonable price I'll keep
riding the BMW and washing the Ducati lol. Speaking of which I should sell
that thing insuring two bikes is painful.

Jim