[OntVFR] 2x in 2 weeks....

KEVIN LEPAPE klepape at shaw.ca
Fri May 31 22:18:34 EDT 2019

My understanding from years, well really decades ago, was that the reason for speedo's reading higher than actual was due to liars. OOps, I meant lawyers. They advised manufacturers that a speedo reading SLOWER than actual was a bazillion dollar liability waiting to happen. So all speedos were adjusted to read high enough such that there would never be any claim of driving too fast because my speedo is slow. This makes sense because it's a self-imposed action: there is no law/regulation on any government's books anywhere that I know off enforcing speedo optimism.

Cheers,

Kevin