[OntVFR] 1. Re: anyone here quit riding but still on the list? (Doug Kellam)

D Gordon odysseyvegas at live.com
Sat Nov 23 19:18:23 EST 2019

Esteemed list, Doug, I went through this myself earlier this year.  Sold
my 07 RWB, which I loved.  My second VFR as having a 01' prior.  Just
felt I needed a sabittical.  Take a year off and see how things go.  I
wasn't getting much riding in, but when I did I loved it. :-)  The big
thing is I wanted something more comfortable, upright.  Love the VFR.
It is a true Japanese classic.  And so excellent.  But I seemed to get
out for a few hours on a sunday only. Just want a nice comfy ride.
Looking at, if you can believe it, a W800.  A good plod for a sundays
ride.  But then I think I want to tour and look at used FJR's.  I'm all
over the place.  Love bikes, but needed to step away for a bit.  But
will be back. No shame in that as there are so many things competing for
our time and dollars.  But the VFR is the best bike I've ever owned.
Period. :-) Just feel a need for a change after 20 years.

Dave