[OntVFR] 05 CBR600 won’t start

David Davidson did at rogers.com
Fri Nov 15 12:28:03 EST 2019

Many thanks to you and Brad for your responses.  I’m pretty confident that nothing is frozen.  I did drain as much fluid as possible and refilled it.  There was no slush that I could see down the neck.  I said “as much as possible” and not all fluid because the CBR has a separate drain plug for the cylinder block and it is near impossible to access without removing the radiator partly. In the past I would just keep flushing antifreeze through the system with the bike running until I got all of the water out.  For now I was able to get about 60% of the water out and replaced with 50/50 antifreeze.
I’m going to check the switches first as recommended.  Next I will follow the manual and try to access the cylinder block drain screw.  Tank is near full and have added sea foam.  On every attempted start I made sure the bike was in neutral, pulled in the clutch lever and the kill switch was in the run position. Side stand up.
 How could they make a maintenance item so difficult to access?
Thanks again.
---David