[OntVFR] 1. Re: anyone here quit riding but still on the list? (Doug Kellam)

Andrew Carlyle carlyle.andrew at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 12:45:34 EST 2019

Tough decision to give up riding. I haven’t quit yet but I can see the day
might come. I have had to curtail my riding due to a bad back. Long
distance trips have become more of an endurance test than the pleasure they
used to be. Not sure what I did last year but probably only a few thousand
kilometres. Fifteen years ago I was doing a lot more, usually about 10,000
K per year but some years closer to 20,000. At one point I was putting
twice the mileage on my bike than on my car. Now the bike sits a lot more.

I my case age is just catching up to me and one of these days I will likely
have to accept that. But not quite yet. But it may be time to get rid of my
touring bike (a 2015 Multistrada). Going to think about it over the winter.